Re: [BKARTS] Weight comparisons

One website I have used is Braden Printing <http://www.bradenprint.com/>.
They have an "Informative Articles" section which includes a bunch of PDF
files about various aspects of printing.  One of the PDF's is a chart on
different types of papers, their U.S. size, weight in lbs, and the ISO
(metric) equivalent.  There is another chart outlining all the ISO standard
sizes.  I don't know anything about this printing company except they have
these very useful charts.

Eric

on 5/19/03 2:12 AM, V. Wilson at rondelay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder if anyone is able to give me comparative weights for paper and
> board - particularly board.  Australia uses gsm or ums but I have some book
> instructions from the US that mention 2ply and 4ply board, even 10 point
> and 20 point, and # (lbs).  Apparently the weights are not even standard
> across the industry.  I think my thickness gauge measures in microns.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Vi W

 Eric Alstrom       Hanover, NH
 Book: Artist | Binder | Conservator