Re: [BKARTS] books in Asheville, NC?

I'm taking a long road trip from Connecticut to Asheville, NC this weekend.
Does anyone have any suggestions for book arts / paper attractions /
suppliers that would be worth checking out?

Many thanks,
sheri

Ashville places you within an hour of The Mountain known as Penland: the Penland School of Crafts, a place filled not only with books and paper, but also clay, metals, glass, textiles, wood, photo and lots more. If summer classes have not yet begun, they will soon; whether they have or not, it would be worthwhile going just to see the place and to think about going for a regular stay at some point. The surrounding community is full of craftsfolk who have settled near the school, and the Penland Gallery is open to the public as well.

When last I was there, downtown Ashville also had a great bookstore called
Malaprops, and a decent supply house (including some book arts supplies)
called, I think, the Earth Guild. And if it's still there, you might enjoy
dinner at 23 Page.

John Cutrone
Red Wagon Bookworks
Lake Worth, Florida