Re: [BKARTS] polaroid tranfers query

Claire, I would like to respond to you.  I am assuming the papers are always
the same and you do not change your water, that is, in wetting the papers or
perhaps you are doing them dry.  But, in other words, you are having
variable results under the absolute same conditions that are under your
control.  I would be very happy to address this for you at Polaroid if I
have more information from you as I call them all the time or I am sure you
could email them your concerns and they will most willingly work with you.
Mostly my work is with emulsion lifts, but I do do dry and wet transfers
from time to time.  Also I wonder if it is happening to only certain batches
of film, datewise, agewise, conditions under which it has been stored.  Are
you using distilled water?
Holly F Dupre has a PDF file called Polaroid Image Transfers Tools and
Techniques that I am sure I downloaded from www.polaroid.com and Kathleen
Thormod Carr has an Excellent book called Polaroid Transfers. You may know
of the existence of these.
I would love to know more about what you are doing and also see what you are
doing.
Sally Thibault

Owls Head, Maine