Re: [BKARTS] Introduction and Inkjet print life

Jen

As far as ink jet life is concerned, I'm not an expert, and there may be
others on this list who can give you more explicit information. Basically,
you need to ensure that the dyes in the ink jet inks are long-life (ie,
archival), and that the substrate (ie, the paper you are printing on) is
archival (ie, acid free). Epson makes "archival" inks that they say will
last 200 years or more, and other ink jet mfrs. probably have archival inks
as well. No one knows for sure, of course, since this technology has only
been around a short while, and all of it is dependent upon the conditions of
storage of the prints (ie, not exposed to direct light or oxygen); but the
the assumption is that if you use archival inks on an archival substrate,
your prints will have a reasonable chance of outliving all of us.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH
513-233-9588