Re: [BKARTS] Binder's board

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 10:47 AM, Eric Alstrom wrote:

It did fine with everything until the binders
board, where the clamp wasn't strong enough to hold the board
stationary.
That resulted in a slight curve in the cut, enough to make it
difficult to
construct boxes and cases.

I purchased the Dahle cutter also and saw the same result you describe on heavier boards. However, after examination of the clamp mechanism I decided that the problem resulted from the pressure being concentrated at the two ends of the clamping bar. There is a long shaft that extends over the clamp but which does not make solid contact except at the ends. This allows the clamp to bow up slightly under the heavy pressure that is required for .082 or higher davey board. I put chipboard spacers (doubles side tape adhesion) in the gap at the center of the clamp and get good results now.

I still follow procedures to maximize accuracy, making cross grain cuts
last and keeping them as short as possible, blah blah blah.

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: stitchbyhand