Re: [BKARTS] Binder's board

As my primary business is printmaking, I would be lost without my foot operated
sheet metal sheer.
It goes through binders board a lot easier than copper or steel. The advantages
are that one shear works for both metal and binders board, it is self clamping,
has a 37" throat and does very precise cuts.  It is relatively inexpensive
($900 new and delivered to the studio door).

The disadvantages are size and weight (900 lbs), and it does not work on paper.
Some metal workers and printmakers cringe at the thought of putting board under
the blade but the cuts for both plates and boards are remain very clean and
always straight.

Russ Dodd
Working Theory Press