[BKARTS] Papermaking workshops

If you're interested in packing as much papermaking information and hands-on
practice into three or five days as possible, these may be of interest to
you.

Workshop #1

The Association of Northwest Weavers' Guilds has opened up registration to
non-guild members for the three-day workshop, "Papermaking with Local
Plants" which is being offered as part of their "Sun, Sage, Sky" gathering -
and it's a steal at $135, materials included.

I'll be leading participants through the harvesting, cooking, rinsing and
beating of native, introduced and garden fibers then we'll proceed from
basic sheet formation to a range of techniques that explore handmade paper
as an art medium all its own and in collusion with simple printmaking
techniques. Participants will get practice using western moulds, deckle
boxes, Nepalese moulds and handmade moulds created for (very!) large work.
We will even look at spinning paper for use in woven works.

Designed for beginners as well those with papermaking experience who want to
build on their knowledge.

Dates: June 24, 25, 26 2003
Hours: 9 am - 4 pm (with a lunch break)
Place: Pendleton Convention Center, Pendleton Oregon
Cost: $135 total

Registration information: http://www.anwg.org/2003/
or feel free to contact me directly - paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 541-278-9322
______________________

Workshop #2
>From Fiber to Finished Journal

This class takes up where the one above leaves off and we continue on to a
brief overview of book arts and make three books of our own, incorporating
paper we've made. Offered by C.R.E.A.T.E. workshops in the beautiful
Columbia River Gorge near Stevenson, Washington.

Dates: August 25-29, 2003
Hours: 9 am - 4 pm (with a lunch break)
Place: Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center Museum, Stevenson Washington
Cost: $395. Materials fee: $20

For more information, visit http://www.createworkshops.com/
or feel free to contact me directly, paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 541-278-9322

Roberta Lavadour