Re: [BKARTS] Other book arts communities?

Thanks Peter,
I have Ikegami's Japanese BookBinding and Paola Rosari's Bookbinding basics
I will definately keep and eye out for/order Books, Boxes, and Portfolios.

Unfortunatley (or fortunatley depending on perspective) I live in Sydney,
Australia and it would be a big move for me to attend any of the fine
schools you have listed.

As far as I have been able to find there are no bookbinding courses offered
by any of the fine arts colleges here in Australia, there is a one year
full-time course at TAFE (community college) but as I said I'd been warned
away from that one by two different people (one a student and one a
proffesional binder) Plus by boyfriend is a toy designer/illustrator and we
might be moving interstate with his work in the next two months so I'm not
so much looking into tuition right now as looking for a support network.

The book-arts yahoo group is looking good and of course I will remain
subsribed to this wonderful list so I can learn from the proffesionals as
well.

Kindest regards,
Jen Hook
http://jen.f1-comics.com