[BKARTS] bronzing powder

We've been hired to print conservation box spine labels for a client's
personal library, and applied  bronzing powder over wet ink in order to get
a nice, brilliant gold. The labels look good, but we're wondering about the
lasting properties of this powder. Our concern is that it may lose its
brilliance over time and turn dull. Does anyone have any experience using
this stuff? Will it still look good in ten years, twenty, fifty? I know I've
seen some old ephemera in which the gold still looked good, but who knows
what they used.

We printed wet, and then dabbed the powder on using a wad of cotton. After
it dried, we wiped off the excess. It appears to be quite permanent.

Thanks

Chris Stern
Grey Spider Press
AKA Stern & Faye Printers