From: "Jo" <jmerchant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 5:09 AM
Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 12 Jun 2003 to 13 Jun 2003 (#2003-162)

> A number of years ago I saw some coptic style books made using small
pieces of Corian for the covers. They were very nice, with that stonelike
texture, and very lightweight. I don't remember who the artist was, but I
believe she was from Iowa at that time. I do recall that she said working
with Corian required special care because of the dust. I recently found some
samples of Corian in a dumpster, and it reminded me of those books, so of
course I salvaged it. I hope to try using it myself someday for books or
jewelry.

> Joycelyn Merchant
> http://www.bookclasp.com
>

> At 12:19 PM 06/13/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >>Along this line of thinking - has anyone ever made clay covers for
books?
> >>What has been your experience with this?  Susanne Martin (the one in
North