[BKARTS] book covers, articles

Suzanne Martin asked about clay covers - yes I have made covers from
Fimo - the polymer clay - and it worked wonderfully - when baked
properly it still retains a little flexibility, making it more lively
in the hand.  No idea of the archival properties.  Used a coptic
binding as did not want to glue paper to it, and Fimo drills easily.
Could have even poked holes in it before baking but hadn't decided on
my design at that point.

Very happy to receive my copy of Tabellae Ansatae today and see a
whole huge article by our Edward Hutchins 'On Being a Book Artist.'
Congratulations Ed! In the same issue there is a description of an
artist's book made using wooden post end-caps from the hardware store
for covers - they look to be about 3/4's of an inch thick.
--
Henrietta in Blue Hill, Maine