[BKARTS] A Letterpress Odyssey: Illustrators?

Ars Brevis Press in Cincinnati is about to launch a new fine press book
project, "A Letterpress Odyssey: A Journey into the Heart of Printing." The
book will be "not only a metaphorical journey into the lost and found art of
letterpress, but a journey in fact into the heart of the country to meet and
learn the stories of the people keeping this tradition alive." The book will
be a celebration of letterpress and the wide range of people who practice
the art in both traditional and contemporary ways. It will appeal not only
to letterpress and book arts enthusiasts, but also to anyone who appreciates
craft and tradition in a work that seems to value neither.

This book is still in the planning stages, but will be officially announced
for pre-orders soon. It will be letterpress printed on a Vandercook press.
I'm hoping to include illustrations in the book (the budget is still being
worked out), and am looking for recommendations for illustrators whose work
would be complimentary to the spirit of this book. Compatible types of
illustration would of course include wood cut or wood engravings, but we are
also open to new styles of illustration such as computer work that will be
representative of letterpress in its more contemporary guises and practices.

If those of you who have produced fine press books have any recommendations
for illustrators, please contact me off list.

If you would like to see a prospectus for this new book, I'll be happy to
send you a PDF file.

Thank you.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press