Re: [BKARTS] Very Large Tight Back

Alex, I thought that all tight back books have the cover spine material
fastened directly to the book block spine? Are you making a tight or hollow
back book?

By the way, I borrowed an 8.5 x 11 inch 1500 page (750 sheets) hollow back
double fan glued book from the local library. It appeared to be quite
durable and only used regular relatively thin close weave cloth on the
spine. As many have mentioned here before, open weave mull is not really
strong enough on a hollow back book this size. It will tear between the book
block spine and the endpapers it is glued under.

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
E-mail: ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "Energy Science Made Simple"