Re: [BKARTS] bronzing powder

In a message dated 6/13/03 7:32:27 PM:

a nice, brilliant gold. The labels look good, but we're wondering about the
lasting properties of this powder. Our concern is that it may lose its
brilliance over time and turn dull. Does anyone have any experience using
this stuff? Will it still look good in ten years, twenty, fifty? I know I've
seen some old ephemera in which the gold still looked good, but who knows
what they used.>>>>>
In a reply:
<< imitation gold foil first came into existance, the metal was bronze. On
leather it turned green rather rapidly. >>

It is my understanding that the (natural) acid in leather causes the bronze
(and other metals with brass) to turn green. Imitation Gold Foil should only be
used on cloth and paper.
As to bronzing powder for a paper label, your guess, about its longevity, is
a good as mine. Good Luck.

Bill Minter
Woodbury, PA
814-793-4020