Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 15 Jun 2003 to 16 Jun 2003 (#2003-165)

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 11:00  PM, Automatic digest processor
wrote:

Where does one get this "bronzing powder" or other such powders?

I have a few cans of bronzing powder that I've acquired from old print shops.

16 years ago I dabbed bronzing powder onto wet ink. 13 years ago I
mixed the powder with varnish and printed on dampened paper. 10 years
ago I mixed the powder with transparent base and printed on dampened
paper. All 3 examples still look fine to me. Mixing the powder in a
medium allows for a crisp, clean impression.

Gaylord Schanilec
Wood Engraver · Fine Printer
W11469 Schanilec Lane
Stockholm, Wisconsin, 54769