From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Edward Stansell
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 3:04 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Very Large Tight Back

I may be wrong,but, it seems that no one has had any experience making
guard-sewn (blankbook style) bindings. This method produces a book so
durable that,
with the exception of the pages themselves, it cannot be torn apart by
two
grown men. No matter the thickness, it opens flat and no matter the
abuse, it
maintains its shape. If made right, they are really quite handsome. If I
had more
room I would like teaching a workshop featuring this type of binding.

Ed Stansell
http://www.bookrestoration.net