[BKARTS] photographing foil work

Greetings,

For the most part my efforts to improve the photography of my work has
paid off. One area I haven't made much progress on—shooting work with
gold foil. The glare is hideous. It was suggested I get a polarizing
filter. This was quite useful in removing glare that sometimes comes
from the leather surface and in some instances vastly improved the
color of the leather but, it turns out, the reflections off of metal
are not polarized and hence are unaffected by the filter.

In the most general terms, does anyone have advice for where I should
look to improve my results when shooting foiled work? Is it all in the
lighting?

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx