Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 20 Jun 2003 to 21 Jun 2003 (#2003-170)

Melissa-

I am a metalsmith making some book clasps. I have not yet made corners,
although I plan to do that eventually as well.

As far as I know, there is no metalsmithing book which specifically
addresses the mechanics of making clasps or attaching them to books...yet.

There is a short Guild of Book Workers article from 1991, though. My
site at http://www.bookclasp.com  has some information which might be
helpful to you. And, taking a beginning metalsmithing class would be
very useful if you are interested in making your own book hardware.

This site, http://www.mueller-buch.de/bucheck1.htm has reproduction
corners and other parts. I don't know any details about ordering from
them, but check it out.

Good luck!

Joycelyn Merchant