Re: [BKARTS] photopolymer plates

When properly printed, the impression given by a page
printed by flexo using PPM plates is not
distinguishable from offset printed with the same care
to quality.

For example, see a copy of the US edition of Harry
Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, printed by
Scholoastic Press by flexo, using PPM plates on a belt
press, and the UK edition printed by Bloomsbury using
web offset.

MayKitten
--- Ann Grasso <A@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am appreciative of the clarifications and
> distinctions made concerning
> different printing processes.
>
> Might someone clarify whether photopolymer plates
> create any indent or
> raised area when printing letters? I believe that
> when letters are set
> individually with wood or lead, they are impressed
> down, into the paper.
> When offset, the letters raise up from the paper.
> But when using a
> photopolymer plate is there a way for the letters to
> be either indented into
> the paper or raised from the paper plane? My one and
> only toe into this
> field provided an outcome where the plate size was
> indented, but the actual
> work, both image and letters, were all on one plane.
>
> Thanks for your help, A.

=====
Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

>From the book, Charge of the Goddess