Re: [BKARTS] photopolymer plates

I'm not new to printing or methods of printing however, I've found the
plate responses a bit confusing.

Letterpress always tends to make a depression in the paper depending on
many factors controlled by the press person and designer. Letterpress
printing by definition requires a raised image area. Any letterpress
plate or type might be crushed depending on the surface area of the
printed area and pressure on that area. Photopolymer plates for
letterpress can create a depressed image.

Offset lithography plates are by definition flat (using the oil/water
resist described earlier). Sheets printed in this way will always be
flat. Photopolymer plates for offset lithography would not be an
exception.

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx