Re: [BKARTS] photopolymer plates

What you are talking about here is called letterset
printing. In this case, the blanket of the offset
press is replaced by a wrong reading PPM plate, and
the plate cylender is covered by a thin unsupported
neoprene blanket. The impression of the images on the
plate is made directly to the paper.

The term Letterset was coined as being Letterpress
printed by Offset presses. I believe it was
copyrighted by Messers Heidelburger.

MayKitten
--- Don Drake <ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not new to printing or methods of printing
> however, I've found the
> plate responses a bit confusing.
           <SNIP>
> Offset lithography plates are by definition flat
> (using the oil/water
> resist described earlier). Sheets printed in this
> way will always be
> flat. Photopolymer plates for offset lithography
> would not be an
> exception.
>
> Don Drake
> Dreaming Mind