[BKARTS] equipment in the south

Here's a general announcement going out to the world that Florida Atlantic
University is looking for letterpress equipment with the idea of
establishing a working instructional press here at the Wimberly Library. It
would be grand to find a Vandercook of most any size (though preferably
smaller, say SP-15 or 4) as well as a C&P or Golding. An iron handpress
would be a dream. We've been saving up some money from workshops, donations
and fundraisers, but, of course, being a non-profit institution, we'd be
very open to donated equipment. This includes all manner of letterpress and
bookbinding supplies.

We're located in Boca Raton, Florida, about an hour north of Miami, so we
kind of figure our best bets would be in Florida, Georgia, Alabama or the
Carolinas, though we'd be open to equipment in other areas. Shipping
arrangements can be made.

Interest in the book arts is growing here by leaps and bounds as a direct
result of the Jaffe Book Arts Collection and our community book arts
programs; a press, it seems, is the next logical step. Any leads would be
greatly appreciated. You may contact me off-list at <jcutrone@xxxxxxx>.

Many thanks,
John

John Cutrone