Re: [BKARTS] more photopolymer

I wonder if the references to polymer plates for offset refer to what I've
seen called polyester plates? George Roberts at Boise State has explored
these pretty extensively -

http://www.boisestate.edu/art/programs/print/Poly%20litho%20ill/polyester.ht
ml

Several years ago we worked with George and it was interesting to see the
results you could get with these thin plates (and, surprisingly, other
things like old vellum-like blueprint material) without a press by just
inking them with a speedball brayer, (alternated with a fountain solution
wipe), then printing by hand by rubbing on the back with a baren of some
sort. Akin to solvent transfers in their overall feel.

with best wishes,
Roberta

Roberta Lavadour
Pendleton, Oregon