Re: [BKARTS] Paper

I got curious, having seen this description before and idly wondered about
it.

I think I found the answer at http://www.bright.net/~amsbooks/abbrev.html,

a webpage of abbreviations and descriptions associated with used & rare
books:

The abbreviation "rem" is defined as:

            remainder (publisher's mark usually on bottom edge applied to
render them
                    non-returnable by bookstores; the book is otherwise
unchanged)

So I'm guessing that the book you're looking at was remaindered.

Regards,

Beth Lee

Tallahasee, Florida

e-mail:  callibeth@xxxxxxxxxxx