Re: [BKARTS] Bookbinding in New Haven Connecticut

Following up on David Rose's suggestion, the Arts of the Book Collection at Sterling
Library:
Jae Rossman is the curator. The wonderful thing about this collection is that much of it is
on open shelves in the AOB room, and you can actually "browse" if you'd like. It will be a
more productive trip if you contact Jae beforehand and ask her to pull specific books (it
can be as vague as "unusual contemporary bindings that incorporate leather" or you can
ask for specific presses, etc). You can look at several books at one time, out on a large
table. It provides an extremely welcome alternative to the standard special collections
procedure.

Jae's phone number is 203-432-1712. Email: jae.rossman@xxxxxxxxx Hours generally
are Mon, Wed, Fri 9am - 1pm, and Tues, Thurs 1-5pm (I'm not sure if hours change
during summer).

If you are travelling northward on I-91, you could visit the special collections room at Olin
Library, Wesleyan University, in Middletown, CT 06457. About 35 - 40 min from Yale.
Suzy Taraba is our Special Collections director. If you'd like to know more about the
collection, feel free to contact me, or Suzy at staraba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There's an excellent Bill Brandt photo exhibit at the Yale Center for British Art.

Robin Price

Robin Price, Printer & Publisher
Starr Mill, Beverly Heights
Middletown, CT 06457