Re: [BKARTS] cheap & easy substitute bone folders

Jen: All kinds of implements will substitute for a bone folder, including a
kitchen knife, as you mentioned. I have often used plastic and wood clay
tools instead of bone folders in classes and workshops. You can get some of
those much more cheaply than a bone folder, usually about $1 at Michael's or
similar joints.

Katie Harper

 on 7/16/03 10:02 AM, Jen Loewen at jeloewen@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm teaching a one hour bookbinding class to first year drawing
> class.  There are 24 students in the class and don't have enough bone
> folders for them all.  I have some old knifes that I think will work
> for ripping, but I'm looking for an inexpensive way to substitute the
> bone folders.  I'm teaching them a pamphlet binding, which the will
> have to fold and rip a large piece of drawing paper.  This is a one
> time teaching gig so I don't want to make a big investment, in fact,
> I'd prefer not to spend any money
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jen