Re: [BKARTS] cheap & easy substitute bone folders

Hi Jen:
I've used tongue depressors or popsicle sticks when I hadn't enough bone
folders for a class. Works okay for creasing, but not sure it would do
the job when it comes to tearing down the paper.
Rose

Jen Loewen wrote:

Hi,

I'm teaching a one hour bookbinding class to first year drawing
class.  There are 24 students in the class and don't have enough bone
folders for them all.  I have some old knifes that I think will work
for ripping, but I'm looking for an inexpensive way to substitute the
bone folders.  I'm teaching them a pamphlet binding, which the will
have to fold and rip a large piece of drawing paper.  This is a one
time teaching gig so I don't want to make a big investment, in fact,
I'd prefer not to spend any money

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jen