[BKARTS] Text software

I want to add text to the books I make, so I'm looking around at text
software, like Pagemaker. Can some of you who use this sort of software
weigh in here and tell me what you like and don't like about the
software you use, what you recommend, etc.? TIA! (I apologize for any
cross-posting)

--
Diana Britt