Re: [BKARTS] photopolymer plates

On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 09:43 AM, Ann Grasso wrote:

I am appreciative of the clarifications and distinctions made
concerning
different printing processes.

Might someone clarify whether photopolymer plates create any indent or
raised area when printing letters? I believe that when letters are set
individually with wood or lead, they are impressed down, into the
paper.
When offset, the letters raise up from the paper.

No, they don't. the ink film is so thin, you can't feel the type.

 But when using a
photopolymer plate is there a way for the letters to be either
indented into
the paper or raised from the paper plane? My one and only toe into this
field provided an outcome where the plate size was indented, but the
actual
work, both image and letters, were all on one plane.

Plates can be made to act in both ways, even on the same plate.
Thanks for your help, A.

*********************************************** *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*