Re: [BKARTS] Text software

I also make limited edition artist's books.  Mine are heavy on the images
with text.  Using CorelDraw isn't that wierd!  I use CorelDraw too (maybe
that's a Canadian thing).  I find that image manipulation combined with
text is one of the strong points about the program.  When a lot of image
editing is required, Corel PhotoPaint works seamlessly (and comes bundled
in the Corel Graphics Suite).  I also find using the Corel products to be
very intuitive, unlike the Adobe line where you almost need a post graduate
degree in Adobe 401.
As a graphic artist I specialize in creating brochures, postcards, business
cards, etc for artists and find CorelDraw to be both powerful and
versatile.  Unfortunately, not all printers accept CorelDraw, but as I
output my own books, it works perfect for me.  However, CorelDraw can
export to many formats including EPS and PDF, which many printers will accept.

Janet Lee