Re: [BKARTS] Text software-What each is good for

on 7/18/03 3:37 PM, Gavin Stairs at stairs@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> One last comment for those of us who are printing editions on the
> desktop:  Try to get a duplex printer.  Otherwise, double feeds will kill
> you.  You may still get double feeds in a duplex printer, but it will only
> lose you a sheet of two (see my comment above about printing makeups),
> whereas a double feed in a manual duplex run can lose you most of your run.

You have stand there and watch each sheet come out and control your temper.
I finally gave up on this and am now printing on a duplex Docutech at a
friend's digital shop. I used the demo of PDF Snake to set up two
half-letter books on a tabloid sheet. Just nifty!