Re: [BKARTS] Instructions for Ed Hutchins' book

From: "Gavin Stairs" <stairs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I think this is one of those cases where some browsers are more precise in
> their interpretation of the rules of uri formation

Actually, browsers don't care about upper and lower case--it's the server
that delivers the page that matters. If it's a Unix server (as most of them
are), case-sensitivity matters; if it's Windows, it doesn't.

> I would suggest that references such as this should observe strict case
> sensitivity rules, even when common practice suggests that it is not
> needed.

It really is always needed.

The rule I follow on my pages is to make all URLs lower case, even if they
would be more readable in sentence or proper case.