[BKARTS] Pocket sketch book

Re. Kats sketch books
I make sketch books for traveling and use a thick leather (boot leather)
for the cover and sew the sections in with a long stitch that shows on
the spine.  Before sewing I use a spoke shave to thin the leather where
the fold either side of the spine will occur. Sometimes  I add an end
paper that is the same size as the leather  and sew through it at the
same time.
These feel flexible and stand up to traveling well.
Elizabeth Steiner