[BKARTS] pocket sketch books

    I do a fair amount of sketching, and a soft cover book that does not lie absolutely flat and which does not have a hard cover (to act as a "drawing board" to bear against while using pencils, pens, etc) just drives me nuts!
    Soft covered books are, in my experience, just very difficult to use in the field where there is no table to work on.
    Another characteristic of some sketchbooks that makes them difficult to use is when they are constructed in such a way that the pages to the left when the book is open cannot be folded around to the back in such a way that the book both lies flat and stays open.
    The easiest commercial ones I've found to use are those that are constructed with hard covers and sizable metal rings along the spine so that the book can be doubled back on itself when in use.
    Just an opinion.