Re: [BKARTS] Halifax

Monique,

    I am a book artist and teacher living in Halifax, and while I adore the
city... we aren't exactly "book central" around here!
    We do have a locale called "The Dawson Printshop" however, which has an
excellent collection of antique presses, as well as a bindery.  It is
located in the Dalhousie University Library and I can probably arrange for
you to view if you would like.
    If you have transportation... there is an utterly fabulous printery and
bindery called "Gaspereau Press" in the Annapolis Valley.  It is about an
hour and a half out of the city and their work is stunning.  Well worth the
trip.
    Otherwise... we are a province FILLED with artists and artisans, though
very few are book related, so your creative spirit will at the least get
well nourished while here.

         Stephanie Dean-Moore
         Blue Stocking Bookworks