Re: [BKARTS] Type faces

> Does anyone out there have a couple suggestions for a font
> choice that is more representative of 17-18th century books.
> I am just getting into fonts and have traditionally just used
> Times roman for its compactness. I am trying palatino but
> would prefer something more period if there is a suggestion.

Alex,

During the 18th century Caslon was very much used - especially in
England. There is an outstanding and meticulous digitization of original
Caslon type, made by noted type historian Justin Howes at this site:

http://www.hwcaslon.com

You should also note that Mr. Howes has digitized many, many sizes of
the original type, which means that this is one of the few (digital)
typefaces that takes into account the fact that the characters were
engraved differently depending on whether it was 8 pt or 72 pt.

All the best,
Mats Broberg

Stockholm - Sweden