Re: [BKARTS] looking for advice: finding the right venues

How have other book artists found the right audience? Where did you
start? Are there resources that you would recommend? Any feedback/advice
would be greatly appreciated.>>>

Hi Leah--I am new to this list and a novice bookmaker (but in love with
paper, ink, nibs, fibers, glues, oh, the list goes on and on). I can,
however, tell you an interesting experience I had recently. I was meeting a
friend I hadn't seen for quite a while for breakfast. Since people always
look blank when they say "so, what have you been doing?" and I say "well,
I've been painting things" I took a basket of show and tell. The waitress
saw the stuff and bulldogged showing it to the gift shop's manager.

So, the condensed version of this story is: always carry some of your work
around and casually leave it where it can be seen by the hoi polloi. Who
knows where it will lead?

Good luck to you--
MargieD