Re: [BKARTS] Grad school vs. Not

Hi:

When you say recently finished a degree, do you mean just this past
term? I ask because I think one of the best things I did was to go
into the work force after my BA and begin working in graphic design.
You will learn more and grow up more in one or two years than you
ever could in grad school, when going to grad school immediately
after getting your BA. (Now, this is just my opinion, and not
intended to step on anyone's toes who followed up their BA with
their MA right away!) For me, the day-to-day grpahic design work
world --- where you aren't as protected from what it's like when
deadlines are crashing in on you, lots of people have lots of
demands, having to think really fast and move quickly while
maintaining quality --- is invaluable.

On the other side, I, too, wish to pursue my graduate degree, but
this is after many years working. Maybe too many as I feel old now,
but the point I am trying to make is that you will learn alot from
the work world, see what concessions you have to make to get by in
that environment and maybe be better able to sort out exactly which
direction you wish grad studies to take.

And there are so many wonderful classes to take before you get to
grad school, so there's always the opportunity to learn.

As far as grad schools, I have investigated thus far, Philly and
Hunter in NYC have what I am looking for, but I know everyone's
needs are different.

Jennifer