[BKARTS] Response to Lament To A Book Binder

Response To A Lament:

The BookBinder Cometh
in her good time
Be ye faithful and rest
knowing the Muse guides
the binding hand
Should not a work of excellence
be worth the wait,
even as the maiden?s hair does grey,
and winter?s frost deepen?

As Seasons do they turn
so coins turn, from palm to palm
golden in the sun,
and When they drop
from thy purse
as apples drop in
bountiful harvest
Know thy book will
be come to thee.
Tell me not of your
overwrought spending,
when I spend bone and
finger and breath
without recompense
for your Reward.

As for slaying,
that choice be mine
for the frequency with which
seeking boots cross
the threshhold
Beware, for sharpened knives
rest atop my bench.
I would as soon slit paper
than flesh.
Begone, beggar,
and return when you
are sent for.

Beth Heller, aka pandorajune

(Wendy - if you see this, I think a certain Mr. Evans
might appreciate it!)

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com