Re: [BKARTS] Sappho's Leap

Dear Richard,

This is very beautiful work. Congratulations.

I have a question regarding the use of the scroll.  I thought that it was
the practice to have two scroll spindles, so that the text could be rolled
up on one while being unrolled from the other.  I imagine that these
reading spindles could be supplied separately from the text, as they were
useful only during reading.  I see that you supply only the storage
spindle, very conveniently arranged.  What is your intention regarding the
reading of the text?

Gavin Stairs