Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 15 Aug 2003 to 16 Aug 2003 (#2003-225)

On 8/16/03 11:02 PM, "Automatic digest processor"
<LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I took two
> copies of the book and hinged the pages together (tipped them with PVA).
> Two copies, because the pages were printed recto & verso.

Richard,
How did you prevent the" hinged" joined page edges from wrinkling when the
scroll was rolled.  I am presuming the paper quality of the book pages was
the standard weight as you stated that you used copies of the published
book.

My question relates to a wrinkling problem I'm having when making a scroll
with collaged papers.  Similar to Japanese  scrolls where you have images
that are framed with borders of decorative papers.  In some areas you may
have as many as 3 layers of paper pva in between.  It is these areas that
tend to wrinkle when the scroll is wound.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mary