Re: [BKARTS] Need help with fonts

Karen,
You need to get letterpress spacing material for the point size of your
type: em quads, en quads, three to the em, four to the em, five to the
em, brass and copper spaces. Use these between letters and words for the
spacing you want. As with the current postings on rollers, get in touch
with NA Graphics in Silverton, CO, 970-387-0212. They should have what
you need.

As an aside, I was taught always to letterspace text for stamping. An
impression in depth tends to make the letters look squeezed together; a
little extra spacing alleviates the problem.

Don Rash

KT Pardue wrote:

> but I am wondering if there are fonts that I can buy which emulate the
> visual spacing between letters one sees on antiquarian books...
  Can anyone give me some ideas or feedback?