Re: [BKARTS] VIRUS ALERT

on 8/19/03 5:27 PM, Peter D. Verheyen at verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Not to be alarmist, but the W32.Sobig.F@mm virus is making the rounds in a
> big way today. I've gotten 124 alerts (i.e. infected messages) today

I'm getting dozens of bounced messages, too, supposedly from one of my email
accounts. I'm not infected because I use a Macintosh for all my email. I
wish I knew how to inform the real infected senders. Mine are all coming
with a specific user address mentioned in the header:

from user-2471.wfd19.dsl.pol.co.uk ([81.79.105.167] helo=LYONS)
    by tmailh2.svr.pol.co.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.14)
    id 19pFGo-0002fu-0e

I'll appreciate any advice about how to identify the user.