Re: [BKARTS] Your details

I just know that it is indeed a virus and that it's spreading incredibly
rapidly.
The firewalls where I work are stopping about 600 virus-laden emails an
hour at this point.

Here are some details our IT section sent out on another big virus making
its way around the planet:
"It has several names, the most popular ones are MSBlast or Lovsan.
It is exploiting a security hole in Microsoft Windows operating systems.
It is an executable program spread as an email attachment called
msblast.exe but there will be other names as other variants are released.
Once a machine is infected, it can infect other machines that do not have
the appropriate Windows security patch installed. It also contains a
payload to overload Microsoft's WindowsUpdate website with traffic
causing problems for people to get the patches they need. There probably
will be other destructive problems as variants are released. There have
been reports of automatically shutting down systems, rebooting and
creating backdoors into systems for later intrusions.
More information is available at http://symantec.com/ or
http://www.cert.org
"

I hope that helps.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:53:46 -0700, "mbelloff, IntimaPress"
<mbelloff@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> I've been getting non-stop spamming the past 24 hours.  I just received
> an e-mail titled "Your details" from Book Arts List with a 98K attachment
> that had a virus detected (I did not open it, of course).  Is anyone
> having the same problems and know of any solution?
>
> BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> mindy belloff ~ http://www.IntimaPress.com

  Kris Haff
  krishaff@xxxxxxxxxxx