[BKARTS] Question about cover paper, etc

I'm making my first screw post bound book using
bookcloth to cover and marble paper for the inside
cover sheets and I've run into a problem already. The
top cover that will be bent back and forth the most
whenever someone looks at the book is very weak
already and I have no doubt that the paper will tear
in a very short amount of time.  What can I do to
reinforce the paper/cover so that tearing is minimal
or unnoticeable?  How can I prevent this problem the
next time I make a book like this?  I worked the paper
when the glue was wet into the space between the spine
and the main cover board as instructed and even made
sure that the cover was flexible when bending before
weighting down the covers and drying them, but I
wonder if my mistake was using this thin marble paper
for the cover paper?
Help!

Nisa

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com