Re: [BKARTS] Question about cover paper, etc

Nisa,

If you just have to have a weak material spanning this joint to achieve
your design goals, consider:

Build your cover boards and stubs out of two layers of  thinner board
that add up to the thickness of your finished cover. When laminating
them together, span the hinge with a strip of tyvek which is captured
between the two board layers.

Work your finish material down into the joint as you described but now,
the tyvek will carry all the load of the flexing cover. It would take
considerable force to tear this joint!

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx