Re: [BKARTS] Question about cover paper, etc

Nisa,

Disregarding from the fact that I may be misunderstanding the issue due
to our differences in mother tongue - why don't you score the
bookcloth/marble sandwich?

Not score using a bone folder, but score using a scoring rule and a
scoring channel in a press intended for scoring or letterpress printing.
Or using one of those pedal-operated scoring machines that some hand
bookbinders use. If you score from the cloth side the marble side will
probably stretch enough to create a "hinge" that would outlast the book.

Paper is surprisingly elastic. I am working with a bookbinder right now
who is debossing a place for the label on the front of a portfolio for
me and the cover paper is handmarbled paper. We had some discussions to
whether the corners of the counterdie would "cut" the marbled paper but
that didn't happen, despite the fact that the debossing is about 1 mm.

All the best,
Mats Broberg

Stockholm - Sweden