Re: [BKARTS] Service/Foundry type

To all of you, Nancy Bloch, Ed Stansell, Bill Minter, Jane Brown, Bruce
Levy, Mike Jacobs and anyone else I might have failed to mention:

As the person who asked the original question about Service and Foundry
type, I heartily thank all of you for your responses. (Indeed, the entire
list has learned important information about using type for hot foil
stamping.)  My purpose in asking the question was not that I am planning to
purchase new type, although what I now know will help me when I do want to
do that.

I have inherited all the type I use now for printing with a Kwikprint hot
stamper. Some of it came with a Kingsley I no longer have. The brochure for
that machine listed service type that could be ordered for it so I assume
that's what I have.. A friend is going to loan me some to print a title. She
says it's probably old foundry type. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't melt
her type. From what you all have said, I think it will be okay if I keep the
temperature no higher than 300 degrees.  My Kwikprint, (a very old one, 75
years or older) has just 3 settings on the switch, without a dial or
numerical degrees of heat. I usually use the middle one and have never had a
problem.

Thanks,

Betty