Re: [BKARTS] bookcloth

I use a product called "heat n bond" to make my bookcloth. It is a solid
(continuous) layer of heat sensitive adhesive. I use an iron, so I suppose a dry
mount press would work fine. I like it because it does not let any glue through
even the thinnest fabrics. It comes in 2 weights and can be found in most any
fabric store in the interfacing section at about $2 a yard.

In a message dated 8/30/03 9:03:14 PM, LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Many years ago when I built portfolio boxes I used a heat-sensitive,
>adhesive-backed paper which you could use in a drymount press to make "any"
>cloth into "bookcloth".

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,