[BKARTS] off-topic: nonprofit management question

All --

Sorry to go off-topic but I've got a burning question that I think some of you
may be able to help me with. Please reply off-list.

I recently resigned from the board of councilors of an organization because the
long-time (12 years) executive director/the president of board of trustees
could not or would not tell me who the Program Dir. listed on the
organization's 1099, at a salary of $24,000, was.

Is it just me or is this a sign that the executive director/president of board
of trustees is, at best, incompetent or, at worst, up to something?

-- Tony